Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Town Square, Oxford, MS"


A friend and I spent a week wandering around the town of Oxford, Mississippi home to the University of Mississippi and William Faulkner. While most of the scenes I painted were in oils, I decided to capture the town square in pastels. After many starts and stops, I finally finished the scene. One of the reasons that I wanted to remember the view was all the great restaurants that surround the square. We had some memorable suppers.

Pastel on pastel paper 23" x 31"
Framed   $2800

Prints available
Contact ann@anncaudle.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne,

Peter Askew from OxfordMississippi.com here.. just wanted to see if you might be interested in us writing a piece on your drawings of Oxford.. drop me an email if you might be interested (this is a great painting of the Square, btw)

regards,

peter
peter@oxfordmississippi.com

Anonymous said...

Happened upon your picture when looking for things on Oxford where I spent 6 years in my youth. The picture of the square is so wonderful and how I remembered it. Thanks, Lisa

Gina Brown said...

LOVE this...